Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Saying Yes: Day Three

Another day has come and gone, moments have passed and lessons have been learned...

Today the theme seemed to be 'reinventing life'.  Every major change in our lives brings with it the necessity to reflect upon what is truly important and to define priorities each new moment.  For that is what life seems to be...a series of moments that subtly (or not so subtly with a newborn) reshape our entire existence. Sometimes the path is clearly defined, but more often it is like trying to look through your windshield in a rainstorm to find the road ahead.

The first moment noticed today was very early, starting at 3:30 a.m. and lasting until 7...I am learning that moments vary in length.  Nico was awake and in obvious discomfort, sleeping only snippets at a time, and mostly on top of me.  I was aware that with this being our last child who will be in my arms that moments like these are precious, however unplanned and inconvenient they seem at the time.

Later in the day I gave in to the realization that Nico just truly sleeps better while in contact with me.  So with my back aching I headed to the grocery store and upon my return proceeded to cook dinner in the morning.  I felt so accomplished, especially knowing that it would bring peace and ease to all of our lives come 5:30.

The next moment occurred upon my my walk to pick up Kai from school.  The sun shone, the birds sang and so many vivid flowers were in bloom.  A brightness in a run of rainy Vancouver days, in a season of overcast skies.  It was appreciated.

A day of saying yes to just being and enjoying.






No comments:

Post a Comment