Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New York City, Here I Come....Again

Yes, I have been the New York City many times now...6, I think, but for most of those visits I was hanging out and learning with Mama's Gena's School of Womanly Arts.  Yes, it sounds like I was learning to become a lady, perhaps walking with a book on my head, doing embroidery and practicing to set the table for company.  Although those are skills that may actually do me well, they are not even close to the amazing life lessons I learned and that is not the point in any case.  The point is that despite my many visits, NYC and I have yet to be truly acquainted.  This trip I have 4 1/2 days to see the beauty of this amazing city.  Here are some of the things I would like to experience:

Walk the Highline again:

I have seen promos for a past event called The Social Soup Experiment often done mid-October so am secretly hoping it will be while I am there!




Bike Ride Through Central Park:

I have seen much of the park but nothing seems more luxurious than biking through the park with a girlfriend, chatting casually, stopping for pictures or a bite to eat or a hot chocolate and breathing in the crisp autumn air.



Broadway Show:

Of course a trip to NYC must always include a show on Broadway or just off Broadway.  Last time I went Christy and I saw Daniel Radcliffe in The Cripple of Inishmann and had an amazing time.  Not on Broadway, the most interesting show I ever experienced was Sleep, No More which was interactive and incredible!  This year I think I would like to see Wicked.


Museum Visit:  MoMA

Something I have always missed is visiting one of the notable museums.  This time around I would like to start with the Museum of Modern Art.  Although the Met and the Guggenheim buildings are supposed to be incredible, I love modern art.  The thought of sitting and contemplating beautiful art quietly (with hundreds of others, of course) really sounds wonderful to me.



Eat at Eataly with a foodie

The first time I was in NYC I did a city bus tour to get the lay of the land.  One of our stops was a huge Italian market and I went camera happy.  The food, the displays, the atmosphere was incredible. This was the trip that my camera got left in a taxi after arriving home in Vancouver and I lost all the gorgeous pictures I had taken.  This time I want to return with my camera in hand but also with a foodie.  I know that the market could be a gastronomical dream but as someone who is intimated and overwhelmed by food itself, I would love to have someone with me ordering different types of food to try, all along with a nice glass of wine of course.



Most importantly, I want to enjoy girl time with these lovely ladies...




No comments:

Post a Comment