Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Vacation in the Valley

As the kids get older and I realize more and more how much I love adventuring with them, it is time to finally create a list of activities to do while visiting family in Agassiz so that we don't end up hanging out in the house all day, especially on rainy days like today.

Hiking:

Bridal Veil Falls: an oldy, but always a goody, especially for a picnic


Seven Sisters Trail

Not the first time I have tried to go on this trail, although I am pretty sure I walked it years ago.  It is a short, lush 3 km trail.
Teapot Hill: a 5 km round-trip trail at Cultus Lake.  This may be too long for Nico at this point, but perhaps a little food bribery may help?

Cheam Wetlands:  We have gone here often with my parents and family, but just a reminder to me for those days that I can't come up with anything.

Whipoorwill Point Trail, Harrison:
As a teenager we frequented this trail in the summer to go hang out at Sandy Beach.  It is probably too steep for Nico, but the 4km distance would be a nice afternoon date with Kai followed by ice cream in Harrison.

More to come next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment